Monday, October 10, 2005

Homeless Simulation coming soon...

Gotta love the randomness of college life...went swimming in the pond
of Kit Carson at 9:30pm with 30 degree temperatures and freezing cold
water...it was quite refreshing...a cold shower afterwards never felt
so warm in my life!



Homeless Simulation is next week: Monday Oct. 17 through
Wednesday Oct. 19. If you have been downtown with FatBoys, please
join us.



Homeless Simulation is just that: simulating what the homeless might
experience, except we have the safety and comfort of campus. We
live in boxes for three days, two nights, no food, no drink (except
water from the nearby fountains), no showers, and continue with our
lives and the responsibilities we all have as students and such (and
don't our classmates love us and our beautiful smell). You can
view pictures of us next week at: http:\\luke.ccu.edu. We
are in the webcam!



Had an Outreach Leaders' Retreat, and it was amazing (even though I was the only guy among 8 young ladies)! The people
I serve with are simply amazing. I enjoyed the time we all had
together. The cooking, eating, coloring, hiking, me flying into
the lake, the shopping, all of it! You all are a fun bunch of
people!...Eric, we missed you man, and hope you are feeling
better!



That retreat never really ended for me! Saturday and Sunday I did
nothing productive. Monday I slept in (missing one morning class)
and forgot about an afternoon class. This weather makes the walk
across campus difficult. I want to stay inside...where it is
warm...with a book...with a cup of coffee or hot
chocolate...read...watch a movie...sit around...inside. Allas,
praise God for the opportunity to be educated, and the ability to
return to such a warm and friendly place! Remember the homeless,
who do not have such a place to retreat too (oh, want to be with them).

6 comments:

  1. that was amazing kev!
    so much fun... we should do it again sometime, after I thaw out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all 3 of you guys are doing it, I guess I'll have the apartment to myself, because I don't think I'll be able to participate. However, I will come visit ya'll in your boxes and hang out for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey buddy! glad the retreat was real great! the book I'm reading is Deepening Your Conversation with God by Ben Patterson. I definitely recommend it a lot. A LOT. you're welcome to borrow my copy sometime if you get some free time and want to try it. wait ... free time? what's that?

    and yeah -- God DEFINITELY uses tough times to grow us a lot. i love that He does that. : ) have an amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. swimming is the pond of kit carson??? does kit carson have a pond? weirdo.

    seriously, kevin, i am not going to ask you again, PICK UP "YOUR BACKPACK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whatever just claim the stinkin' backpack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement, Kev. I really appreciate your prayers. :) What are you doing Friday during the day? Would you perhaps like to hang sometime in the afternoon? Let me know!

    <3

    ReplyDelete