Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Reflections on New Orleans - Post Hurricane Katrina

Okay...finally...I am now going to talk about the trip to New Orleans...I am now home long enough too and the energy to do so...today has been very busy, although it is only the second day of classes!!!!

Okay, so about the trip...but this is the short version...if you want more, I can email a long version to you, but I don't want to intimade anybody from reading this post...

The trip was amazing, but it was hard to see the damage without hurting with the people! I am on a team of about 30 ppl, Priority Mail (and I say that with present tense because we are very much still a team). It is an amazing team, the unity we built in just one week has been unlike any other team I have been on. God did some amazing stuff through our team and I believe, and every Priority Mail member would agree with me on this, that God is not done yet with our team. We are committing to fast and pray together, and even talking about a reunion!

The damage, unbelievable, and as one team member said, it's like a dream, simply because it is hard to believe that what we saw was real! Neighborhoods leveled out flat, the whole city completely destroyed...they still don't have electricity, and it is going to take at least a year just to clean up....that does not include rebuilding! My team worked at a church, and our contact was Pastor Randy. He is amazing, he lost everything, except his love for the Lord (including his zeal), and his love for the people. He has an amazing vision. My team gutted out his church so he can rebuild, and then let the church rebuild the city and claim it for the Lord!!!

They need our help still (even if it is prayer, which in so many ways is important). If you can donate, visit www.prccompassion.org. I am praying about going down for the summer (anybody interested?). This was intended to be short, so I am done here, but have so many stories, email me or ask me if you want to hear more detail!

No comments:

Post a Comment