Monday, September 19, 2005

An email received

Got this email the other day...from one of the guys who started FatBoys a while back, in 1997 if I remember correctly. Before the ministry started, a group of guys would just ride around downtown...having fun on bikes...it was in 1997 when the ministry actually began. They went from just riding bikes...to taking stuff to homeless people, things like granola bars and sandwiches...today, starting the 9th year of the ministry...we take things like blankets, clothing, food, and any special requests that we can provide...

Here is the email FatBoys received from Nate, who started the ministry...and how it has impacted him...


Hey Fatties,


My name is Nate and I was apart of Fat Boys from its humble beginnings and led it for quite awhile. I just wanted to thank and encourage you for continuing the Fat Boy ministry and all that it stands for.

I know for me personally, it was a life changing experience that I will always carry with me. Rarely a week goes by when my thoughts don't return to some memory of Fat Boys and the people in need on the streets. My hope is that you too will carry your experiences with you for the rest of your life. Fat Boys is so much more than an "extra-curricular activity", but I'm sure you have already figured that out.

I also wanted you guys to know that I pray for you. I pray that God will empower you to spread His message of love and hope to those who need it so desperately; to shine the light of Christ into the deepest,darkest corners of Denver. I pray that urine soaked back alleys become places of worship, where the truly lost become the newly found. I pray that tears will be shed, hugs will be shared, and friends will be made. I pray that God will give you strength when you are tired and courage when you are scared, so that you can move forth, never swayed by the dark powers that engulf the streets and attempt to interfere with your task. I pray that God will show you amazing things, but also that you have faith and perseverance for the times when things don't seem so amazing. Finally, I pray that you always remember: the importance of what you do,your impact on so many lives, and the God you serve.

May God bless you in all you do,

Nate


I must note that when he says fatties, he is referring to the members of Fatboys, whom of which we refer to ourselves as fatties...thanks for those words of encouragement Nate.


I think I want to write a book.......

2 comments:

  1. You have such an amazing heart, Kevin. I'm glad you're continuing the passion that Fatboys began with and it's great to know that it's only increasing.

    You should totally write a book. :)

    And you know what? If I ever stop being sick, we should hang out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kevin!!!!

    this is holly and i jus wanted to say hey. you send your mass e-mails to me once and awhile, but i went to mexico with you in '02 with teen mania, i think we talked a couple of times on msn messenger. well, i hope you have an awesome day!

    peace

    ReplyDelete